FAQs: Resident & Parent/Guarantor Information
ARE YOU ONLY FOR USM STUDENTS?
- Although we are not affiliated with the University of Southern Mississippi, we attract a lot of student renters due to our proximity to campus and lease setup.
WHAT IS AN INDIVIDUAL LEASE?
- When you sign an individual lease, you are only responsible for your rent; in the other words you have no liability for the rent of the other apartment residents. If your roommate transfers or graduates, you have nothing to worry about! That is a significant advantage over the joint and several leases used at rental houses and other apartment properties where each resident is liable for the rent of all residents in the unit.
WHAT IF I DO NOT HAVE ROOMMATES IN MIND?
- That's no problem at all! We can pair you up with people who have similar lifestyles, interests, etc. All you need to do is fill out our Roommate Matching Form and leave the rest to us!
ARE YOU PET FRIENDLY?
- Eagle Flatts is now pet-friendly! We recognize the important role pets play in our residents' lives and have modified our policies to welcome pets! Pet rent is $25 per month and there is a one-time pet fee of $250.
DO YOU OFFER FURNISHED OPTIONS?
- We offer furnished and unfurnished apartments.
- A furniture package includes the following: a sofa, an armchair, an end table, a media center, coffee table, four bar stools, a dining table and four chairs, a full size bed frame and mattress, a chest of drawers, a nightstand and a built-in desk with a chair.
- The package varies slightly for our 1 and 2 bedroom units.
IS THERE PARKING AVAILABLE?
- We have FREE off-street parking lot for residents and plenty of visitor parking too. Just be sure to obtain a visitor pass from the office!
ARE YOU CLOSE TO SHOPPING CENTERS, RESTAURANTS, ETC?
- We are just over 1/4 mile to the edge of campus - you can quickly get to class and the game!
- We are also close to Hardy Street which is peppered with restaurants and entertainment venues, including Mugshots, Applebee's and Starbucks.
HOW CAN I PAY MY RENT?
- Rent is due on the first of every month and can be paid in the office with check or money order. If you prefer to pay with credit or debit card, you can setup one-time or recurring payments through our Resident Portal. Just click the Current Residents button.
DO I NEED A LEASE GUARANTOR?
- We screen all our applicants and require a guarantor for student applications. We might also require an additional security deposit for international applicants. Call us for more information!
ARE UTILITIES INCLUDED?
- We include water, sewer, trash collection and pest control. There is a per person utility allowance that varies by floor plan and overages are billed directly to the residents each month.
- Don't forget we also include cable and internet!
IS RENTER'S INSURANCE REQUIRED?
- Yes, our community requires each resident carry an active tenant liability policy for damage to the landlord’s property during the term of their lease. We require a minimum of $100,000 in general liability coverage and also recommend contents coverage, or personal property insurance. To facilitate this process for you, we have partnered with a national insurance provider who specializes in renters insurance coverage - ePremium Insurance. ePremium has made their ePremiumRENTERS™ plan available to all residents at a preferred rate, which not only satisfies the lease requirement, but also includes contents coverage.
- To obtain a policy with ePremium, you can complete the process online or over the phone in less than 5 minutes! Enroll in ePremium Renters Insurance Online or call (800) 319-1390.
- Please note that you are under no obligation to enroll in coverage with ePremium. You may satisfy the lease requirement by obtaining a personal renters insurance or liability insurance policy of your choice and providing proof of coverage for the duration of your lease.
- To submit proof of liability insurance from another provider, please click here to provide the requested policy information and to upload a copy of your Declaration Page.
Past Resident Portal
If you are a past resident, please click here to be redirected to our payment portal for past residents.